1. A skilled and experienced instructor does not equate to being a good teacher.
2. Sometimes, a struggling student has an inexperienced, unskilled, or ineffective teacher, or a combination of those qualities.
3. A good teacher is always a good student too.
4. Sometimes, we are better off redirecting our time and effort.
5. When we quit doing the wrong thing, we open up space to do the right thing.
6. Every “No” puts us one step closer to a “Yes.” (tip of the cap to Conrad Ricketts for that gem.)
7. Skill alone doesn’t matter. Effort alone doesn’t matter. Skill and effort together can sometimes be the wrong thing.
8. The only thing we can control is our thoughts.
9. Thoughts always, always, always precede an action.
10. Patience is not an easy virtue to master.
11. We are not guaranteed our next breathe of life.
So please, I beg you to Be Kind with each breathe, Be Thankful for each breathe, and Be Significant with each breathe.